MY BEGINNINGS IN SCRAPBOOKING | MY FIRST BABY MINI ALBUM "SANTIAGO"

by - octubre 10, 2020

 


This is the result of starting an album without having specific Scrapbooking supplies.

Hello! After a few months away, I return to publish these inspirational posts that I like so much. This mini album was born as a gift for the second baby from my sister's friend 💗.

Quarantine allowed me to learn new things and "move" to a renewed blog. In my last post I shared the First Layout that I made about 7 years ago without having Scrapbooking supplies. This month I'm going to dedicate to publish my beginnings. Coincidentally, they're gifts for babies. Here is the first album I made in my life...

First, I apologize for the quality of the images: at that time - about 6 years ago - I had a mobile that took even worse pictures than the one I have today. But I don't want to stop sharing my works as a beginner for telling you what I was learning over time.

When I see my first album again through these photographs, I realize that I'm a very fan of acetate from the first day 😜. Acetate is present on the box, cover and also inside as you'll see later, hehe.


While creating this mini, my dream of having the Big Shot Plus with some dies came true. That is why the box is decorated with a frame that I made with a Spellbinders die and I placed scalloped circles on the sides with a Lawn Fawn die.

SEARCHING ALTERNATIVE SCRAPBOOKING SUPPLIES

At the beginning, this mini album was a challenge in terms of basic structure supplies. The design papers are from Muresco: there was a small double-sided collection about Baby Winnie Pooh in a stationery in my city. It had the latest kits and I never saw them again. The others are Cardmaking papers.


I also used other alternative things. To give shine and relief to the bear I used a "three-dimensional liquid" from Eureka. It worked very well as a substitute for Glossy Accents which I didn't have at that time. My mom gave me the bear punch in a stationery.


To decorate the cover I used an edge punch and shape scissors and I cut the letters with alpha dies and the Big Shot. It's minimalist to avoid wear and tear and also because it was protected with Mod Podge. It's very complicated to apply: we run the risk of ruining all the project and it blurs the paper colours a little (that affects me because I'm very detailed 😌). That is why currently my favourite materials for the covers are faux leather and acetate.


For my first mini album I chose a Hidden Hinge binding, it was very fashionable at the time 😉. Each page is a pocket too.

To make the album structure and even the base decoration of the pages, such as pockets and flaps, I didn't need specific Scrapbooking tools. Just scissors, glue and an edge punch.

DECORATING WITH MY FIRST SCRAPBOOKING SUPPLIES



As you can see, in my albums there're never missing the pockets with tags and mats...



That little bow, which I like the most, was cut with scissors.

And I couldn't resist launching the hot embossing technique with a Lawn Fawn alphabet to stamp "Baby Boy" and I also did on acetate 😳. I was a crazy beginner, haha!


It has large mats inside the pocket pages. They can be seen better in the video below 😀.


Thin letters are from a First Edition alphabet die. And here there's a sliding flip that I decorated with snips and hot embossing. I used a New Plenty rubber stamp that a stationery sold in my city. I really like that bird stamp and I even used it to make a Christmas tag 😅.


I made a page with flaps to place the photos of the sleeping baby...



The detail of bears on the upper part was made with shape scissors and a Bear punch that I found in a Chinese shop.



These are my favourite pages... I love this little elephant! 😍


Here I divided the spine in two parts for making two pages with smaller pockets where I placed tags.



Again I made "decorated strips" with shape scissors and this time with a locomotive punch to hold a photograph or tags. I can remember dreaming of having the Martha Stewart train edge punch (in my next post it's going to appear in action on another baby mini album, hehe).


Another tag where I launched to emboss on acetate...


The pram is a little piece of wood painted with white acrylic (the star on the first page too).

In the following pages cannot miss place for baby bath photos and with his brother Ezequiel...



In structures like the previous one I take the opportunity to place more tags. On pages with pockets we can place mats, cards or booklets to increase the album capacity. This page is dedicated to smiles (sonrisas)...



And the following is a page with side flaps and many tags dedicated to the First Year of Santiago...




For each flap I made two models of strips, one with a bunny punch and the other with a duck punch. I also found these small punches in a Chinese shop.

Finally this album has a big pocket where I put a mat and a card to place the Baptism photographs. I used a Cross embossing folder and a little piece of wood painted with white acrylic to decore the card.



Below I share you a flip through video of this mini album that I uploaded to my YouTube Channel. I invite you to subscribe 😄.



Did you start Scrapbooking without having supplies and tools like me? Or are you just starting Scrapbooking?

I haven't bought tools for about two years because the situation in my country is bad and one year has happened since I bought two old paper collections to make some albums. But that was not and is not an impediment to create all kinds of projects with paper. I think the key was to buy the right tools. I share you a quote below that made me feel very identified. Many blessings! 😘

"Love is the only thing that activates our intelligence and our creativity, that purifies and liberates us."

Paulo Coelho


I apologize for my English, it's basic. But I want to share my works with you (and with love).

Esta entrada está también disponible en Español.


SUPPLIES FOR DECORATION

  • Spellbinders "A2 Scalloped Borders Three Card Creator" Etched Dies
  • First Edition "Modern Alphabet" Dies
  • Lawn Fawn "Cole's ABCs" Dies
  • Lawn Fawn "Claire's ABCs" Clear Stamps
  • Lawn Fawn "Scalloped Circle" Stackables
  • Simple Stories "DIY Journaling" Clear Stamps
  • Ranger "White" Embossing Powder
  • Ranger "Emboss It Clear" Embossing Ink Pad
  • Darice "Cross" Embossing Folder
  • We R Memory Keepers "Corner Chomper" Tool
  • We R Memory Keepers "Corner Chomper Crop A Dile" Tool
  • Sizzix Big Shot Plus Cut Machine & Starter Kit

You May Also Like

0 comentarios